Last updated: August 8, 2023
Table of Contents
- WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- WILL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
- YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
- THIRD PARTIES
- INTERNATIONAL USERS
1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect a variety of Personal Information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
In some cases, provision of your Personal Information may be necessary to provide you with our Services. In these cases, if you fail to provide certain Personal Information when requested, we may not be able to give you access to our Services. Where required by applicable law, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so.
A. INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we receive Personal Information about you, such as your email address, name, phone number, and physical address, the contents of the message and any attachments you send to us, and any other Personal Information you choose to provide.
Newsletter. If you sign up to receive emails or information about our Services, then we will collect Personal Information from you, such as your first and last name, email address, company/organization name, your function (sector), and whether your company/organization is a TSF member. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services.
Careers. If you apply for a job with us directly, you may provide us with your resume, name and contact details, and any other information that you submit to us. If you apply for a job with us through a third-party platform (such as LinkedIn), we will collect the information you make available to us through such a third-party platform.
TSF Events. If you submit a request to attend a TSF event, we ask for your name, contact information, and other information such as TSF membership status, where you work, the work you do, and dietary and accessibility needs. If you pay a registration fee, our third-party payment processor collects and processes your name, billing address, shipping address, and credit card or bank information.
Surveys. If you submit feedback to us via surveys, such as survey projects we are conducting or post event surveys, we will collect Personal Information, such as your name, contact information, where you work, your title, and other information pertinent to the survey.
B. INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU USE OUR SITE.
Location Information. When you use our Site, we may receive your precise location information and/or infer your general location information, for example, by using your IP address. Please review your device’s operating system settings and your Web browser’s “Help” file to learn how you can control the sharing of your precise location information.
Device and Usage Information. When you use our Site, we or our vendors automatically collect information about you and the device, browser, and/or software you use to access the Site and how you interact with the Site, such as your internet protocol address, browser type, operating system version, the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, and the dates and times of your visits.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and our third party partners, such as advertising and analytics partners, may collect Personal Information using cookies and similar tracking technologies (like web beacons and pixels) (collectively, “Cookies”). Our third party partners may use these technologies to collect Personal Information about your online activities over time and across different websites and online services. If you are logged in to our Services, these Cookies may be associated with Personal Information you’ve provided to us or WordPress.
C. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM THIRD PARTIES.
Third-Party Services. You may also post photos, comments, or reviews on our pages available through third-party platforms, including LinkedIn, Twitter. If you do so, we and other users on those third-party platforms may be able to view the Personal Information you make available through these third-party platforms.
Partners. We may receive additional Personal Information about you from your employer or other third parties such as data or marketing partners and combine it with other Personal Information we have about you.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Personal Information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Services.
- To personalize your experience on our Services, such as by providing tailored content and recommendations.
- To understand and analyze how you use our Services, such as by conducting data analysis, identifying usage trends, and assessing the quality of our communications.
- To develop new projects, products, services, features, and functionality.
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support.
- To process job applications.
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as developing and providing promotional materials that may be relevant, valuable, or otherwise of interest to you.
- To find, prevent, and respond to fraud, security, and other trust and safety issues that may arise, or to otherwise prevent harm.
- For compliance purposes, including to enforce our Terms of Service other legal rights, to respond to legal requests, and as otherwise may be required by applicable laws and regulations.
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the Personal Information is collected.
- We may also use aggregated and/or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you for any purpose, including but not limited to the purposes described above.
3. WILL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We disclose your Personal Information as described below or otherwise disclosed to you at the time of collection.
Vendors and Service Providers. We share your Personal Information with third party vendors, service providers, contractors and agents in connection with the provision of our Services. For example, payment processors, hosting and storage services providers.
Analytics Partners. We use analytics services, such as Google Analytics and services provided by our website provider and third-party Services (WordPress and Swoogo) to collect and process certain analytics data, such as the device and usage data described above. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and opt out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. You can learn about WordPress’ practices by going to https://jetpack.com/support/privacy, where you can also find information about your privacy choices. You can learn about Swoogo’s practices by going to https://swoogo.events/legal/privacy/, where you can also find information about your privacy choices.
Trust & Safety Professional Association. We may share the Personal Information we collect, such as your name and email address, with the Trust & Safety Professional Association, for purposes such as processing payments, providing services, or sending promotional materials that may interest you.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. We may disclose your Personal Information to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of any merger, sale, acquisition, liquidation, or transfer of all or a portion of our organization or assets.
As Required by Law or Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and/or disclose your Personal Information if we believe doing so is required, necessary, or appropriate to: enforce our Terms of Service or other legal rights; respond to legal requests; comply with applicable laws and regulations; protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety; or otherwise to prevent harm.
With Your Consent. We may also share your Personal Information with your permission.
4. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Please note that, even if you opt out of receiving promotional messages from us, you may continue to receive administrative messages from us.
Your European Privacy Rights. If you are located in the EEA, the UK, or Switzerland you have the additional rights described below:
- You may request access to the Personal Information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Information, have your Personal Information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another company. In addition, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
- You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your Personal Information at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
5. THIRD PARTIES
We take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when your Personal Information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it unless we are required by law to keep your Personal Information for a longer period. When determining the specific retention period, we consider various factors, such as the type of service provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, and mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the Personal Information we maintain. However, as no electronic transmission or storage of Personal Information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your Personal Information.
9. INTERNATIONAL USERS
Our Services are hosted in the United States. If you choose to use our Services from the EEA, UK, Switzerland or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that your Personal Information is processed and stored in the United States. Also, we may transfer your data from the United States to other countries or regions in connection with the storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating our Services. By providing any information, including Personal Information, on or to our Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
If you are located in the EEA, UK or Switzerland, we will comply with applicable EEA, UK and Swiss data protection law when transferring your Personal Information outside of the EEA, UK and Switzerland. We transfer your Personal Information to countries which have been found to provide adequate protection by the competent authorities, use contractual protections for the transfer of Personal Information, transfer to recipients who have adopted Binding Corporate Rules, or otherwise in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Trust & Safety Foundation
2021 Fillmore Street #1125
San Francisco, CA 94115
United States of America