The Trust & Safety Foundation (TSF) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. TSF works to improve society’s understanding of trust and safety through developing educational programs, supporting multidisciplinary research, and fostering interdisciplinary dialogue. TSF serves as a bridge between industry researchers, academic researchers, the trust and safety professional community, the technology industry, civil society, and other public interest groups.
The Trust & Safety Professional Association (TSPA) is TSF’s sibling organization. TSPA is a 501(c)(6) non-partisan organization that supports the global community of professionals who develop and enforce principles and policies that define acceptable behavior and content online. TSPA supports trust and safety practitioners who do critically important work for the health of the Internet and society through networking, educational programming, and developing resources that benefit the trust and safety profession.
Applications for the Senior Program Manager position is NOW CLOSED.
About the Position
We are looking to hire a Senior Program Manager to support TSF’s development and programming. The ideal candidate will also have strong research skills, writing skills, and project and program management skills—all of which can be applied to the field of trust and safety. They should also have strong communications skills; they should be able to facilitate and bridge various perspectives, while also ensuring that all voices are heard. The responsibilities for this position will evolve as TSF adds more programming and related activities.
Responsibilities include the following:
TSF programming support:
- Develop programming (events, projects, and resources) for TSF, including supporting current projects and events, such as the T&S Research Coalition, reading groups, webinars, etc.
- Research, write, and edit collateral materials on trust and safety for TSF, including summarizing issues or papers into handouts or guides.
- Draft correspondence, blog posts, newsletters, and other communication materials for TSF.
- Recruit and manage TSF case study writers.
- Assist in the development of curriculum and coursework related to trust and safety.
Stakeholder engagement and support:
- Meet with stakeholders and facilitate meetings and/or introductions.
- Represent TSF at events and meetings with stakeholders.
- Serve on the T&S Research Coalition Steering Committee as a representative of TSF.
TSPA programming support:
- As needed, including but not limited to supporting TrustCon, TSPA’s annual conference for trust and safety professionals and other stakeholders in the T&S ecosystem.
Demonstrate experience and skill in the following areas:
- Experience with academic, civil society, and/or industry research.
- Experience with post-secondary, post-graduate, and/or professional curriculum and/or course development.
- Strong writing skills, with preference for the ability to write for different audiences and mediums. Must be comfortable writing independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with community building and relationship management.
For someone to thrive in this role, they will have the following strengths:
- Critical thinking and analysis—ability to accurately analyze information and exercise appropriate judgment.
- Resourcefulness and a problem solver—proactively solve problems and able to learn and apply new information and knowledge.
- Strong written communication skills—write and edit clearly, effectively, and accurately.
- Excellent interpersonal skills—ability to foster a welcoming and inclusive environment and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities with diplomacy and situational awareness.
- Work independently—ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks independently with minimal supervision; effectively manage and shift priorities and meet deadlines.
- Work cross-functionally—successfully working in teams, both internally with team members and externally with members and partners.
Skills that will help someone in this role, but not required:
- 4+ years of experience in the trust and safety field and/or demonstrated knowledge of the trust and safety ecosystem.
- Fluency in another language.
Preference will be given to candidates in the United States.
Compensation and Benefits
The annual salary for this position will start at $120,000 USD. TSF also offers medical, dental and vision insurance. This is a remote position, with a flexible work schedule; however, availability is generally required Monday – Friday between 9am – 3pm Pacific Time.
TSF is committed to the principles of equal employment. We encourage applicants of all race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status to apply.
How to Apply
Applications for this position is now closed. We are currently reviewing applications.